Ads 468x60px

Labels

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

How to Grow in Prosperity


Photo by alicepopkorn


was on 12 Ottobre 2008
I like what I heard on this sermon, unfortunately I failed to take a complete note. I post it today because I think this is relevant with New Year's resolution.

Started from around 10 years ago, especially when the doomed times of our economic hit my country, there have been some preachers who like to prophesy about prosperity, which to me sounds like just building an empty dream. Many of them just said things like "give your best -in term of money of course- to the Lord -they mean to Church of course- and so Heaven will pour prosperity unto you"...or...something like "I don't care about money, I gave it all to God, but when I need it God will give me abundantly, and I have experienced it", always like that.

This reverend gives a decent disclosure about prosperity, he does not weight on the material result, but he reveals what prosperity is in Christianity.
He says prosperity will come if we're being blessed by God, therefore we should know how to get God's blessings.

Here's some small part of the preaching that I managed to save on my note :)

The sermon is taken from Deu 28:1-6
Deuteronomy 28 (King James Version)

1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:

2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.

3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.

4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.

6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.

Here's how:

1. Know your AIM in this life, don't make yourself a center, but make Jesus as the center of your life. Live with need not with want, know the Right Direction.
2. Don't be shy with God, know your position that you are God's beloved ones, do it like Jabez did on 1 Chronicles 4:10
10And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.

3. Know the to do things as shown in Joshua 1:4-8:
- Believe in God's promises
- Be tenacious
- Act His words
- Tell and spread His words

May we all can have God's blessings in the New Year.
Happy New Year 2009, May Our Lord Jesus bless us and this Earth, amen

0 comments:

Post a Comment