Ads 468x60px

Labels

Monday, May 17, 2004

Shakespeare in Bible

...off the chlog for a while....

I'm chlogless today because I skipped Church, but I want to add this newsworthy stuff here.

I just heard recently the story about Shakespeare's name in Bible KJV, but I think it's already known by many already.

Is it a pure coincidence? Or
Was it just made up for Shakespeare's 46th birthday celebration? :P

I wonder who was the first to find and write about it?
This person must be an avid-painstaking-persevering Psalm reader.
To make things short, here what I collect from the net:

• William Shakespeare is believed to have been born on 23rd April 1564.
• A memorial at Holy Trinity Church, Stratford-upon-Avon, records that he died on 23rd April 1616.
• Shakespeare's plays were first performed in 1588,when Shakespeare was 23.
• The First Folio of Shakespeare's works was published in 1623.
• Now 23 + 23 = 46
• The King James Bible was first published in 1611, when Shakespeare was 46.
• "WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE" is an anagram of "HERE WAS I, LIKE A PSALM

Now this is how the things work.....
• Open and turn to PSALM 46 of a King James Autorished Version Bible
• Write down the 46th word from the beginning - Shake
• Write down the 46th word from the end - spear
(ok.....so the person forgot the last 'e' in Shakespeare but it sounds alike)

That ignited my curiosity to search further read about KJV.

1 comments:

sabby@Christian Counseling Dallas said...

this one is great.. thanks .keep sharing.

Post a Comment